MIMCO The Paradise Battalion


Last night (20th March) I was invited to the Whitehouse Institute of Design for the 2013 MIMCO Paradise Battalion show featuring the stunning Sophie Lowe.



Sophie Lowe is currently based in LA and has been on television shows like The Slap, as well as movies such as Beautiful Kate which she received international acclaim for her performance.


The Paradise Battalion collection is inspired by an uber-romantic view of the future, where the brutality of war and industrialisation has been replaced by an overwhelming and intoxicating beauty. With her striking looks and unbridled passion,


The scene was set for this amazing show, with a really grunge look about the whole thing. The show started off with some live music from the beautiful Nichole Wheatley, who might I say has a really amazing voice and a real feisty side to her.

Then shortly after the performance the MIMCO show commenced where beautifully decked out models strut their stuff down the catwalk.

This year I have added to my MUST HAVE’s list and will be on a mission to save my pennies for a few lovely MIMCO pieces.

One of the pieces that really caught my eyes was the blinged filled shoulder jewellery that caught the eye and is unlike anything I had seen before. I don’t know where I would wear one of these but all I know is I want to make one of them MINE!!

I noticed while watching the show a lot of earthy colours were used including brown, bronze and even gold. Then there were also a few new pieces in a eye catching blue, and added in the mix was some red items.

 
The make up looks that MIMCO went with thanks to MAC New York, was a Dark Smokey eye with natural skin look. MAC did an amazing job and keeping these lovely ladies looking their best.

As for hair which was styled by  Damien Rinaldo for L'Oreal Professionnel .  The models all had a sleeked back low pony with a half way braided plait that was just in the middle of the pony. I really like this and it helped you to really focus on the MIMCO pieces being shown.

The show was concluded with a bang (literally) as the industrial sized glitter guns exploded with faux rose petals in a mix of colours down both ends of the runway.  When the show was done, I looked to Kelly and sighed I was so shattered that it went so quick. I wanted to see more MIMCO, they could have kept it flowing all night if they really wanted to :P But I am so glad I was able to attend and see what is new on the MIMCO front.



 






These were our amazing goodie bags. Inside mine was a bone coloured MIMCO phone pouch, some yummy Cadbury bunnies and of course L'oreal goodies.

MIMCO is also releasing a limited edition ‘Love Conquers’ tote bag to coincide with LMFF. Only 50 of these magnificent tote bags have been created worldwide and will be available for purchase on www.mimco.com.au and at selected MIMCO boutiques.