August- LUSH Products



Below are some of my favourite products from Lush for the month of August. For as long as I can remember I have always been turning to LUSH and their beautiful natural products for my kids and myself. And I have just found some more products on LUSH's online store that I have to make mine, and share with you. You can have a look at their site here.

Lush Cosmetics has a range of beautiful products that are ideal for new mums and their newborns. 
With gentle ingredients and soothing oils, the below items are some of Lush’s global customer favourites for babies, new mums and mums-to-be. Now I am not up the duff just yet, but it is on the cards. My youngest daughter is still my baby, only just turning two I am not ready to get again; YET!
But with saying that my youngest daughter has very sensitive skin, and I don’t stray from anything I wouldn’t use on a newborn as this seems to work best with her skin.

So here are a few Lush products I can’t live without now l have tried them, and to be quite frank I wont live without!!!


Dreamwash shower smoothie ($25.95 for 250g) is a soothing, healing cream body wash that helps reduce redness and works to soften and cleanse the skin. This gentle body wash is ideal for babies as it is full of calming oils, including calamine powder and soothing aloe vera gel, as well as rose absolute, chamomile, tea tree and lavender, all of which have very balancing effects for the skin. Its creamy formulation leaves the skin feeling super soft.

For me this is something completely different, to have a wash/smoothie in a tub. Fair enough I have had creams and balms in a tub but this is a super cute idea, and it is fantastic to store. Plus there is NEVER any shaking the bottle of having it sit upside down so you get every little drop of the product. Lush’s packaging is made from recycled plastic and is fully recyclable afterwards as well. I think they have little promotions on here and there, if you take 6 packaging back they give you something free (at the moment it is a face mask.)
This smells similar to the Dream Cream just with a small difference I cannot get my nose around. Of course they will have slightly different scents, as one is a cream and the other a wash type product.
But for me the huge highlight is the result when using the Dreamwash and teaming it up with the Dream Cream. Not only do my kids and I smell great, I am left with baby skin while the girls baby skin is maintained. Since using these two products together we have never had the problem of dry skin. So this means this product will HAVE to come to QLD on the family holiday to prevent any dry skin.


Dream Cream ($29.95 for 240g)  Lush’s self claimed global best-selling body lotion,  is full of gentle ingredients such as oat milk, chamomile, rose, tea tree and lavender, so is ideal for soothing skin irritations or dryness on newborns.

For me I love the pure natural smell of this and I can really smell the lavender. Having grown up around my Grandma (who is no longer with us) that loved Lavender, for me this is a reminder of her and a smell I really hold close to me. Not only do I use this on my kids and get great results I also use it on myself! The bonus of these products is you get products that are suitable for newborns and sensitive skin, they can be used on any of the family. Whereas if you get an adult product, it is just used for adults because the chances are the ingredients are too harsh for babies and kiddies skin.



Vanilla Puff dusting powder ($10.95) Nappy rash is caused by moisture being close to the skin for too long, causing irritation. A Lush dusting powder can be the perfect way to keep bub dry after a wash and nappy change. Vanilla Puff is an extension of our range of vanilla products, which have become massively popular across the world. A dusting with vanilla, jasmine and tonka results in softer skin that smells like vanilla pudding.  Each pot of 'Puff' has real vanilla pods that infuse as you use it.  Vanilla helps the skin to retain moisture and gives Vanilla Puff its delicious creamy candy fragrance. Vegan.

Now this is my all time favourite product to date!!!! And I am not paid to say this, nor do I feel the need to talk a product up. I am a blogger and a blogger is entitled to their opinion with no need for sugar coating.. What type of blogger would I be if I recommended shity products?
Like I said above no product gets ANY better then this, and I will be stocking up on this for the next bubs. But even before I do that I will be stocking up for both the girls, and I as this is the best smelling product I have put on my skin in the two years of blogging!!
The texture is really lovely and not like your usually body talc or powder, and is so much more safer then either of them!  It actually reminds me of the volume powder you use on your hair, that has been ground right down into the finest powder form.
Using this at nappy time can also be a relief for me, as it rids my daughter’s bottom of both the smell but also dries her skin up giving it a breather. So many benefits and uses in one small bottle, I love it.
I also use this powder on myself as soon as I get out of the shower and all over my body. I have even used it on my partners feet when he gets home as they STINK like nothing you have smelt before.
Honestly and truly, I cannot talk up this product as much as I deserves. This is 100% going to be used until they discontinue or sell out completely.

AND NOW FOR THE MAIN ATTRACTION AND MY KIDS FAV FROM LUSH.......

A few weeks ago I was introduced to a fantastic product FUN, the latest invention from LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. I am actually wondering if this is the only kind of bath product out like this yet (until imposters start following the trend lol.)


FUN ($9.50 for 250g)
FUN is going to revolutionise bath time think a novel, multi-purpose, mouldable soap! It’s for your body, hair, bath and fun! That’s right you can wash your hands and body with it; you can bathe with it for masses of bubbles; you can wash your clothes with it; and for even more fun you can mold it into shapes and characters.
I don’t know who has more FUN with this product, the girls or myself. We were sent a little sample and have had so much fun with the little bugger! My eldest daughter has made snakes, snowmen and even a little ant town with her soap. She has also informed me that this is wayyyy better then playdoh J And Mummy also agrees as it gets me girls clean at the same time.
I have found it quite hard to get the girls to wash their hands for the ten seconds, to remove the majority of the germs and bacteria. But now thanks to LUSH and FUN my job has been made all that much easier. Actually to be honest I find it more of a task to move my 5yo away from the sink and FUN soap. Which I don’t find all that bad as the ingredients made to use this soap are not in any way harsh on their skin.
With a gentle softening base of corn flour, talc and glycerine, There are five different types of FUN to choose from - or why not take them all, as you’ll need one of each color for making your FUN characters. This product, like most of LUSH’S products is Vegan friendly.
        


 YELLOW FUN: Creamy vanilla tones and gardenia extract gives this bundle a comforting marzipan aroma.
           GREEN FUN: A citrus burst of tangy lime and lemon essential oils that will make you feel refreshed and focused.
           BLUE FUN: Relax and feel ready for sleep when you wash with this mix of lavender and chamomile blue essential oils. The perfect bedtime bath; also great for irritated skin.
          RED FUN: A fruity combination of orange and mandarin oils that will revitalize the mind and bring a bit of summer sun to the bath.
We were sent the red FUN to try, and I LOVE the smell. Although I don’t know that it would be my absolute favourite, as I read through these colours and scents I get a little excited and even more eager to head to my LUSH store. But the red, has  a really summery, zesty kind of kick to it. And one I think I will appreciate a whole lot more come the hotter months.
          PINK FUN: A sweet treat with ice-cream scented tonka absolute and benzoin resinoid, which also has warming qualities to help stimulate circulation.
Also another thing I feel I need to touch base on is the awesome things LUSH does for the less fortunate. And buying some FUN will provide a little FUN to the less fortunate. They are making it their mission to spread the fun to those who need it most, children living in challenging environments. A portion of the global sales (approximately 2.5%) of FUN will go into a newly created Fun and will be distributed as grants to projects providing recreational activities for children living in difficult surroundings.


FUN is available in all Lush shops nationwide.

For details and mail order enquiries call 1300 587 428 or, order on-line at www.lush.com.au.
TWEET: twitter.com/LushAustralasia FOLLOW: instagram.com/lush_ausnz

**I did not get paid to make this post, and these opinions are my own and nobody elses ;-)