Tried and Tested- ecotools 6 piece kit


Ecochoice
The Beauty Choice That’s Good For You and The Planet!

I have been looking for a good set of face brushes to use in photos, and to make my makeup look the best that it can.
Today I found, and was lucky enough to be able to try out and review the wonderful brushes from ecochoice. Last week we had a causality in the brush departments and my mac blush brush took a turn for the worst and lost it bristles haha. So when looking for new brushes I wanted something that was tough and would last longer then 9months… So hopefully these do the trick.

I like to look after the environment where I can, but also looking after myself. So it is good to know the ecochioce brushes take care of the environment while taking care of my face. Comprised of gorgeously soft cosmetic brushes, brush kits, indulgent bath accessories, clever grooming kits and delicious body products you can now go green and give back – all while pampering yourself at the same time!
All EcoTools products are cruelty-free, made from natural, sustainable and recycled materials, are Paraben and Phthalate free, plus they are not tested on animals.

The brushes have taklon bristles.  
Ferrule (which is the little metal bit that clamps the bristles onto the handle) that is made from recycled aluminum reducing landfill waste.
And then the handle made from bamboo, a renewable source that can grow up to three feet per day, which means there is plenty to go around. It is a vital non-timber, non-petroleum resource with strength comparable to steel!


For review I was sent a 6 Piece Bamboo Brush Set, which to be honest I think is all you need. When I first bought my massive full set of brushes from MAC I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever bought.. Then a year later I realised I didn’t even use a third of the brushes that were sent in this pack.

In this kit there was:
Blush Brush                                          Lash and Brow Groomer
Eye Shading Brush                                Concealer Brush
Eyeliner Brush                                      Cosmetic Bag
                          RRP: from $4.95 to $25.95




Blush Brush
 Is a beautifully size brush that I find I can use all over my face not just as a blush brush. I kind of pinch the bristles together so I can use my definition powder on my nose and outer face. Also I do use it with my bronzer and all over powder foundation, the smaller bristle face really doesn’t bother me too much.
Lash and Brown Groomer
Is so soft to use yet really puts them brow hairs in their spaces. The brush end also does not have a huge curve either like some I have used before which end up digging into the skin above my brow. This was perfect though and I don’t have a negative thing to say about it.
Eye Shading Brush
This is a general eye brush and can be used on the entire lid of your eye and then onto the creases with a contrasting shadow. I often use this brush and this brush alone on my eye, and it does a great job. One thing I have noticed with these brushes is how soft the bristles are and how silky they are on your face.
Eyeliner Brush
This can be used with eyeliner but also to add some dark shading to your brows to fill in any spaces and give a more defined look. One thing I love doing with this brush is using a very dark gun metal grey shadow, or even black and then patting it along my lash line to really frame and add depth to my eye.
Concealer Brush
This is similar to the Eye Shading brush but the bristles have a different colour, and also is a lot more flatter the shading brush. You use the tip of the brush to apply the concealer and then the bottom more fanned out part to blend it into your skin. Before using this brush I had never really used a brush to apply concealer but just used my fingertips. I know even with brushes I shall be applying my liquid foundation with my hands, as I don’t think there is a better finish. But concealer I will only ever use a concealer brush, this concealer brush.

And of course there is the adorable Cosmetic Bag that comes with this set; I love it. There is room to one side of this little pocket looking bag to put some of your make up (not much though.) And then the other side has your brushes. You then fold it in half and use the little valcro tab to close it shut. It has a very natural look to it as well, which really sets the whole thing together.

ECO Tools are a member of the ‘1% for the Planet’ global movement where they donate 1% of their sales to a network of more than 3000 approved environmental organisations worldwide, as shown on all of their packaging.

Stockist details: www.chemcorp.com.au or 02 9526 0777 RRP: From $1.95 to $27.95