Introducing | Melbourne International Coffee Expo is Australia’s largest dedicate coffee event - 15 – 18 May 2014

Are you one of those people that cannot start their day, or is nowhere near human until you have you cup of coffee?! Yeah me too, and it has only been a recent thing for me as I used to hate the stuff. I think the reason why I never like coffee is when I was at home living with Mum she only used to have the dodgy Nescafe stuff, that taste like crap.


 But then I was introduced to the REAL coffee, straight out of the machine. And I instantly fell in love before even taking a sip, I fell for the grinding of the beans and the aroma it set off.



So for all you coffee lovers out there, I am happy to let you know there will be an event this year purely showing coffee :-0 :-0 I bet that got your attention! This expo is the Melbourne International Coffee Expo is Australias largest dedicate coffee event.

The 2014 Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE2014) will take place from 15 – 18 May 2014 at the Melbourne Showgrounds.

Now in its fourth year, MICE2014 has grown to become a major coffee event in the international industry calendar, attracting industry professionals and coffee lovers from around the world.

The event regularly welcomes over 120 exhibitors, including roasters, machine manufacturers and distributors, complimentary equipment providers, coffee educators, and more. Over 12,000 professionals and coffee lovers attended the 2013 event, and organisers are expecting an even bigger turnout this year.

In 2014, MICE visitors will be able to learn about the latest and greatest in coffee, while checking out some impressive international coffee competitions. The worlds best latte art skills will be put to the test, when MICE2014 hosts the official World Latte Art Championship. Baristas from around the world will be showing off their artistic skills in one of the worlds most popular coffee competitions.

I cannot wait to wrap my taste buds around some quality coffee that will have me buzzing around all day. I actually feel for my partner when I return home on a massive coffee buzz- it is fair to say the house will be cleaned from top to toe that night with my coffee fueled binge.

MICE2014 will similarly be hosting the World Cup Tasting Championships, a timed event where competitors need to correctly identify the odd coffee out of three; and also the World Coffee in Good Spirits Competition, where baristas/bartenders put forward their best coffee cocktail.

The event is reserved for industry professionals from 15 – 16 May, and open to the public from 17 – 18 May.  For more information visit www.internationalcoffeeexpo.com