First Ever Lunchbox

Packing my little girls first lunch box for some strange reason, has brought a tear to my eye. Knowing that in the morning I am saying goodbye to my little girl and sending a big girl off to school for her first day. I know for the first few weeks they are not there for full days, but it is still longer and more frequent the kinder.





Luckily I have had some help from Uncle Tobys in getting the ball rolling when it comes to healthy lunchbox ideas and what to put in them.

Mums that have already had children that have gone off to school have told me not to overwhelm them with to many things packed into the lunchbox as it might turn them off completely. If however your child does come home and their lunchboxes are empty then of course the next day add an extra little something in there.

I have always said that when my child starts school I want a good balance of healthy food in there, but I also want to pop a treat in there a couple of times a week (not like lollies either!!)


Uncle Tobys have made their bars lunchbox friendly and now made them so they not made with nuts. So many bars on the market now contain nuts of some sort. I know both myself and the girls do not like nuts so these are great in our house. 

UNCLE  TOBYS,  has reformulated the entire Muesli Bar range with a “lunchbox friendly” noadded nut recipe. As part of the change, all UNCLE TOBYS Muesli Barproducts across Chewy, Crunchy, Yoghurt Topps, Oat Slice and PUFFS willbe made on manufacturing lines that no longer handle nuts.

There are also some really other great products that can find a home in your childs lunchbox like the Water Buddies flavoured water. This is a great way to get your child to keep hydrated with the good stuff (water!) Plus the bottles are super cute and quite compact.


The falvours that are available include kiwifruit and strawbs, grape, plain water, orange and raspberry. Raspberry is both of my girls favourite, but I am not sure if that is because of the flavour or the colour of the bottle with the pink highlights.



I find it is also important to reward your child, of course not too much but enough to let them know they are doing a great job. At the end of this week I will be rewarding Hayley with an Aeroplane Jelly. These type were actually released last week and are ready to eat as is. Of course Hayley likes it cold so I pop them in the fridge, but you dont have to if you like your jelly room temperature. We had these out yesterday when it hit 40 and the jelly still stood wobbly and didnt melt one little bit.
Flavours: Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry and Blackcurrant.


Also in my daughters lunchbox there of course had to be a sandwich, but I wanted to make something that appealed to her.


I went to the shops and bought a large heart shaped cookie cutter and made her a ham and cheesey and then just cut it out. This particular one is great as there is barely any bread wastage afterwards and was only $2.80 from Daiso.  I know the heart is more appealing to me then the plain old Jane sanga.

Learning all new tricks with lunchboxes in the coming weeks and I will be sure to share them with you!


Still cant wrap my head around the fact that my little girl is at SCHOOL today!!

Erin
xx