PRODUCT REVIEW: Colgate ProClinical A1500


In my life I have never touched an electric toothbrush as I thought they were to pricey and to over-rated. This however was purely a judgment of mine without even trying an electric toothbrush. I think this thought entered my head as I used to have a battery-powered toothbrush that just vibrated and didn’t do much and was more annoying then it was helpful.


Again I have been proved wrong and my judgments are wrong- Suppose you should never kick something until you’ve tried it. This little line has probably haunted me ALL my life… except when it comes to seafood, I just don’t like that stuff.

I have a sweet tooth and love my soft drink, not full on but enough to have to brush my teeth morning and night to make sure there is no damage to my teeth.

In my childhood days I only ever used to brush my teeth in the morning before school, but now I am older I don’t like sleeping with a fuzzy mouth and many tastes. I just picture little bits of food I have had throughout the day sitting in my mouth.

So I am so glad that Colgate gave me the opportunity to test run their NEW professional toothbrush




Colgate ProClinical $199.95 RRP.
The Colgate ProClinical A1500 is the result of a global partnership with OMRON, a worldwide leader in innovative sensing and control technology. This unique partnership combines OMRON technology, with the oral care expertise of Colgate, to provide the next generation of electric toothbrushes.
Delivering an incredible clean, the brush features a distinct sonic wave cleaning action that delivers up to 32,500 strokes per minute to effectively remove plaque. Enabled by unique smart sensors, the first of their kind in Australia, the electronic toothbrush also automatically adjusts to engage different speeds and cleaning actions, based on the position it is held in the mouth. The result is a superior1 clean for teeth and gums.



I was a little bit overwhelmed by the buttons on the toothbrush as I am used to having not a single button on my toothbrush. But once I took a little look at them and realised it was actually just an off and on button and also a mode button (which generally gets kept on Auto.)  If you don’t want Auto you can also choose optimum and deep clean. With the deep clean I find it makes my gums bleed a little bit, but I have pretty sensitive gums.


One thing, which was a little freaky is the toothbrush changes speed in your mouth to give you the optimum clean in different areas of your mouth. It actually through me out a little that the toothbrush knew how quick to go in certain places of my mouth and then to slow down at the smaller teeth.

The angle of the brush and stem is perfect for getting into your mouth, much better then a straight toothbrush.



My teeth have only ever felt this clean after walking out of the dentist, so it is by far the best toothbrush I have ever used and would be worth every cent- considering how much you pay for a clean at the dentist, it pays for itself in the end.



The only thing I did not really like about this toothbrush is the noise it makes when vibrating and brushing your teeth, it is very loud and hopefully that can be improved as it would be perfect otherwise.


Please visit www.colgateproclinical.com.au for more information.