Kids Business Bloggers BBQ 2015

There is a first for everything in this blogger’s business, but one thing I am good at repeating is being late to post about events- sorry about the tardiness but these school holidays make it so darn hard to blog and keep kids occupied (lucky for me that are out the back playing in the cubby house on this fine Summer’s day).


So the first for me was attending my first ever Kids Business BBQ event, which I went with my sister as my partner had to work (major bummer). I really wanted to show off how good Kids Business are at putting on event, and how much he misses out on when I go on blogger Adventures :0) Ok maybe I wanted to rub it in a little that my job is pretty darn good!

Kids Business Bloggers BBQ took place on Saturday 17th January 2015
At The Park Melbourne, right on the lake at Albert Park and was once upon a time called The Powerhouse. I didn’t think much of the venue when I saw the outer shell, although the scenery was just divine! But I was gob smacked when I saw the inside and instantly went into wedding planner mode and thought how beautiful this space could be for a wedding.



The chandeliers that hung from the roof were just beautiful and Kids Business has a lot of room to play with and set things up. My little ones Madison loved the open spaces as well as this gave her the opportunity to run around and outrun her Mother :o) I do see why some parents don’t bring their children to events now, it has been made all to clear haha.

So for me the Kids Business BBQ was a great opportunity to get to know some brands, be apart of their great competitions and maybe even look further on working relationships with them. Then there was also the blogger side of things, where I had the chance to meet some lovely bloggers and even compete along side them in a little challenge, which I will talk about a little further down the line.



Our MC for the day was none other then Giaan Rooney who I watch every day on TV and was a fan of hers in the swimming days. So to be in the same room with her, let alone getting the chance to meet and chat with her was a real dream come true for me.

Some of the brands that were at this bloggers BBQ were:

ASG

Who is dedicated to supporting children’s education- it’s what they do. Bloggers will have the opportunity to register their interest to road-test new products and initiatives and kids attending will enjoy the on-site ball pit!

I actually won’t lie, I didn’t have time to head over to this area as Miss M had me going this way and that way but I did have a little browse will Miss M had her face painted.

Dyson

Introduced me to their innovative range of bladeless fans- Dyson Cool.

I still cannot believe I was the lucky blogger to have won a Dyson Cool thanks to Miss M and her amazingly photogenic face, we got to take home one of the larger Dyson Cool Fans!


Watch this space as a review and more on Dyson will follow!

Steggles

Gave us a preview of their brand new Just Eat It range in Woolworths stores from late January. Steggles Just Eat It is an exciting new range of pre-cooked chicken and turkey products developed to help busy families, leaving more time to enjoy the fun stuff. Just Eat It at the Bloggers BBQ in mini pizzas, turkey pasta salad, chicken salad, soft shell turkey tacos, chicken baguettes and chicken noodle soup

I also took part in the Steggles Mystery Food Box challenge, which was a little daunting to say the least; I was very nervous but none the less put my brave face on.


Lucky little old me, actually won Giaan Rooney (who was our MC for the day, and boy did she do a great job) over with my Summer Greens Pasta dish and was picked as the taste test winner J I was lucky enough to take home a Jamie Oliver Cheese Platter and Knife set, so I have to thank Steggles immensely and cannot wait to work with them further!

Life Like Touring presents the Octonauts Live!Operation Reef Shield touring Australian capital cities from 21 February to 28 March 2015. Live on stage for the first time in 2015, Captain Barnacles and his trusty crew join forces with a host of colourful Australian reef dwellers on a mission to save the Great Barrier Reef!


Captain Barnacles even made an appearance.

Celebrate Health

Provides product for the next generation of healthy people committed to eating food that not only tastes amazing but is within our health requirements.

I got the chance to sample their delicious Tuscan Meatballs, made using their Tuscan Meatball Recipe Base, and Moroccan Quinoa Salad (made using their Moroccan Quinoa). I would say the Tuscan Meatballs won me over, hands down and look so easy to make at home.

Passage Foods

Offer a range of quality, all natural products that are hassle free and easy to prepare, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy a diverse range of flavours from their celebrated world cuisines.

Another great little station where I was able to do some taste testing of their Twice Cooked Pork Belly (cooked using their Asian Master Stock) and Butter Chicken served with Basmati Rice, Kachumber Salad and Naan Bread (made using their Street Kitchen Butter Scratch Kit).



I loved the butter chicken, and even went home to make my very own.

Closer to Nature

Introduced me to their new advanced comfort range of bottles and teats designed to reduce air congestion, which may cause colic.

AVG

Have developed interactive books for youngsters to teach them online safety, and their Digital Diaries research continues to provide some amazing insights into the challenges of providing our children with security and safety online.

Another one I didn’t really go over to as it was “boring” to Miss M and she didn’t want a bar of it, which also meant Mum had to pay the price and miss out- it was the ball pit for us L

Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan will be hosting DIY craft workshops for adults and kids.



This was my absolute favourite area as I am all about creating new things for the home and making the old unique and feel more suited to our home.



We are in the midst of renovations so it is always fun to see new products that are out there and really see what I can do around the home.

Inner Health Plus 


may assist in maintaining the balance of good bacteria that may have been disrupted. Balance of good bacteria is vital for good health. Only available from Pharmacies and Health Food stores where you can get informed advice about improving your health through diet, lifestyle and supplementation.

I actually left the event and passed a chemist, so thought I would stop in to see if they had Inner Health Plus for Kids so I could get my girls some. I had no idea all the benefits this product had and was even recommended by a Naturopath- for me SOLD!

Bizzibrains

Creates personalised storybook apps with the aim of bringing families less stress and more joy.

Released on January 7 2015 I learn is already featured in iTunes Best New Apps.

Cocobella

Providing all bloggers and their families with refreshing Cocobella Drinks and introducing to us the brand new Cocobella Kids Range.


My girls would never really drink coconut water with me unless I mixed something in it or if it was in their smoothies. But FINALLY after an entire year I have found one that they love and actually ask me for on a daily basis now.

We love our coconut water in this home (well the adults did) but now the kids can be apart of our crazy Coconut phase haa.

I am hoping to get a review/post up soon with Cocobella so keep watching this space.

One of the major aims of the day though was to help raise awareness about Camp Quality. Which I know personally I had heard of but had no real idea of what they did, until after this event.


Our purpose is to create a better life for every child living with cancer in Australia.
Our role in the community is to meet the direct needs of children with cancer and their families throughout the cancer journey. This starts with diagnosis, through treatment, into maintenance and hopefully remission. Unfortunately for 3 in 10 Australian families who have a child with cancer there follows the move to relapse, palliative care and bereavement. Delivered in primary schools, paediatric oncology wards, recreational facilities and homes throughout Australia, our programs ensure that in a time of great upheaval, our families are connected to a community of people who understand what they are going through.

Just listening to the explanation gave me goose bumps and made me feel sick in the stomach to think of heading into the Doctors and to be told the horrible news that either one of my little ones had Cancer. My heart really does go out to any parent in this position that knows all to well about Camp Quality and what they do.

I am just so happy though to know there are organisations like this out there willing to help and make the whole process just that tiny bit easier on the families and those suffering through extremely hard times.



For every blogger who attended the day, Kids Business made a donation to Camp Quality and in the end donated a $500 cheque to Camp Quality on the day. But not only that Kids Business donated over $3000 made up of a monetary donation and flight allowances for bloggers who will help raise awareness for Camp Quality. It's a great achievement that demonstrates how as a community we help a charity.

I am always so grateful to be apart of events like this, and never ever take them for granted. I want to send out a personal HUGE thank you to Kids Business for once again letting me be apart of the fun!

Until next time, that is all from me.

Xxx
Erin