Getting Romantic with Antonym


 

As I have said many of times before, Matt and I aren’t big on Valentines Day and this is probably due to the fact that the week before is our anniversary and then a couple of weeks after it is Matt’s birthday and then my birthday, so too much is happening.

In our eyes our anniversary is much more important then some Americanised made up day called Valentine’s Day, in which your meant to express your love for another soul… But I am pretty sure you are meant to show love to your other half every single day of the year not just one out of 365 because, well they tell you to.

Matt and my anniversary this year fell on a Weds, which meant what ever we were to do had to be after work hours. We bought each other gifts (just something small) and then dropped the girls off with my in-laws and headed to Crown for some Gold Class goodness.


We took up a Gold Class experience, which had us picking 5 items on the menu as well as getting an alcoholic beverage each. I thought for $150 this was great value for money and we left fuller then ever!

But in order for all of this to happen I needed some preparation and a face to match the gold class experience.  Luckily I had Antonym on my side to make my face look the part for a Gold Class experience.

Who is Antonym?

Antonym Cosmetics is a line of makeup that is gentle on the skin and the environment, yet offers exciting colors with strong pigmentation and gorgeous luminosity. Our entire makeup line is Ecocert certified. We call it gentle face fashion.

Our Vegan brushes are made of sustainable bamboo, aluminum ferules and top quality synthetic bristles that are comparable in softness and pickup to the best natural bristles. They are gentle on the skin, cruelty-free, and eco-friendly and will help you in your daily makeup application. All of our products are completely cruelty-free, and eco-friendly.

Why did we call it Antonym? We don’t like sameness. And we believe in doing things differently. Better. With Antonym you may be chic, glamorous as well as natural, cruelty-free and eco-friendly.


The products in which made this look possible were the following:

On my eyes I tried to keep it plain and simple and leave it quite minimal so it was just mascara and liner for me.

Anotonym Waterproof Eye Pencil in Nior $18



Again Noir is black like a charcoal black, just the kind I like.  I used to use pencils on my upper lid line, but have since moved to a gel liner as I found it easier. So it took a little practice on my hands to get the technique right before even daring to take the pencil on my eye.

I found out that this particular liner was so easy to get on my upper lash line and was so smooth and perfect to smudge out for a more natural look, or to leave it a simple sophisticated line on top.



The thing I also love about this liner is it has a nifty little sharpener on the opposite end that pops off making it easier to sharpener your liner keeping that point pointy. The amounts of times I have had to search for a sharpener in my makeup collection and end up turning to my kids pencil case is ridiculous, so I love that I no longer have to search through the girls school supplies J

The other product I used on my eyes was:



Antonym Natural Mascara in LOLA LASH $22


Lola lash is the black shade, which is perfect for those bold lash looks. When it comes to mascara I can be quite picky and tend to like something that is buildable without clumping. 
This mascara is that and more, although the brush head is something I am not used to and is like stepping back in time apposed to the brush I currently use. It is one of those bristled ones that remind me somewhat of a baby bottle cleaner, you know the ones haha- but you can’t have it all now can you.



It was so simple and easy to build but does take a little while longer to dry then my current high-end mascara, but not much!


Then I went to my lips to give them a little colour, it was tricky to pick just one colour out of the three beautiful Lipstick Pencils I was sent.  The one I went with was:

Antonym Natural Lipstick Pencil in PINKISH


Pinkish is a well.. pinkish colour haha. No in all serious it is a really pretty pink shade that is almost borderline coral colour on our lips. When the light hits them they give of a golden glow, which just illuminates so beautifully on my lips- I love this colour.



I don’t think I have ever used or played with a Lipstick pencil, so I didn’t know what to think and just imagined a dried out feeling going on, on my lips. But I was surprised and think this has more of a crayon consistency rather then the pencil texture.

I would recommend that you apply balm to your lips first to hydrate and almost lubricate your lips as I found the pencil did sometimes grip to my lips and I was fearful that the pencil could accidentally crack my lips- as this is easy to do with my lips.

So this was my end result, although I did use some brow pencil (not Antonym) and another brand of foundation and highlighter, as I am super duper picky when it comes to “my” shade.

Eyes
Lips




What is your favourite makeup look, simple or simply glamorous?


If you want to see what Antonym Cosmetics line consists of you can head to their website below-!