Bikram Yoga Mill Park // REVIEW



I ventured into the worlds of proper yoga a little while back now and I think it is something I need to incorporate into my weekly life. It was a great way to relax and take time for myself, switching off to all the stresses life throws at me.
 
I wouldn’t say I tried all forms of Yoga but I tried a few in my 10 day trial at Bikram Yoga Mill Park.

From the moment I walked into the front door, I instantly felt a sense of relaxation and like I had completely left the days stresses on the door mat.



My two favourite Yoga classes for me were the:

Yin Yoga 60 minute

Bikram Yoga express 60 minute
Bikram Yoga, the original Hot Yoga, is a series of 26 Yoga postures and 2 breathing techniques performed in a room heated to 39c degrees, designed to provide you with a challenging, invigorating and effective yoga experience. During our 90 minute class, you will work every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament and internal organ, providing you with a full body workout and an exceptional sense of well being.  With the benefits of regular participation in Bikram Yoga ranging from weight loss to increased flexibility and a more balanced metabolism (click here to read more) and classes designed to cater for beginners through to advanced, Bikram Yoga at Bikram Yoga Mill Park is perfect for all ages and fitness levels.
90 minutes
26 poses
39 degree heat

I like the convenience that the 60 minute class gave me being a busy Mum, but it was enough time to stretch out my body and just relaxing with a little Me time.


To be completely honest with you I tried the 90 minute class twice, and it is a little bit much for me. I love the postures and relaxation, it is just to darn hot for me.

Winter is the perfect time to get into Bikram as it is freezing outside, and it is much like taking a relaxing bath at home- only there is no screaming kids, and your bathing in your own sweat as your body detoxes from all the flack it has endured during the day.



I definitely did notice the change from a healthy day to a day where I had been drinking the day before at a party or even ate junk food. My body reacted differently each day, depending on what I forced my body to do or eat. For example after the footy I decided I would sneak in a session late at night, but I had a couple of beers at the footy (two to be exact, as I am not a real drinker).  The sweat the poured off me was absolutely disgusting as my body tried to release all the toxins and what not through my sweat. But let me tell you, when I walked out of the studio, I felt a gizzillion times better; truly a new me.

So you might be curious now,

What is Bikram Yoga?
Bikram Yoga, the original Hot Yoga, is a series of 26 Hatha Yoga postures (asanas) and 2 breathing exercises (pranayamas) developed by Bikram Choudhury. Each posture in the Bikram series is completed twice, with the first set designed to warm you up, and the second set, to allow you to work deeper within your body. Between each set and each pose, 20 seconds of rest (savansana) is taken, which allows complete relaxation and your body to rejuvenate. When combined during a 90minute class, these postures and breathing exercises are designed to work every muscle, tendon, ligament, joint and internal organ in the entire body, providing you with an exceptional sense of well being.

Bikram Yoga is conducted in a room heated to 39c with a humidity of 40% to help you achieve maximum results from your exercise

Now the second class I fell in love was the:

YIN YOGA



Yin Yoga is a 60min yoga class practiced at room temperature this consists of long held, mainly floor postures that focuses on your connective tissue.

Again, I think I have a thing with express classes, or ones that don’t go on for too long- and now I think about it this could well be because I feel like a selfish Mum leaving my girls for long, even though I know they are completely safe with Dad or even asleep.



When I first started I did a double header with Yin Yoga followed by the Bikram Yoga Express Class, and boy oh boy did I feel it! Feel it both in a good way and a bad way. The bad being every muscle and joint in my body could be felt, but it was much needed for my body and I to be reacquainted.

For me the Yin Yoga class was better then a massage as my body was getting both and internal and external massage through the Yoga postures.


Some of you may know I suffer from some pretty intense and serious anxiety, but I cant talk about that until I better understand it myself- I am yet to figure out the cause or treatment, I just know my triggers; unfortunately they cannot be avoided!

But anyway, Yoga has naturally helped me with that and put my mind at ease, so I think I really do need to incorporate it into my daily life, of not weekly life.

If you want to find out more, you can head to the link below where you will find prices, classes and more- there is even a kids Yoga that has just started up J