REVIEW // Jord Watch // Arm Candy

I have never really been a watch kind of girl, but it all changed the day I stepped into the gym.  Checking the clock during sets wasn’t cutting it anymore and it was time to invest in a watch. My first watch was just a cheapie one from somewhere I was shopping for the new wardrobe but it did the job.

A little while ago Jord Watches contacted me about reviewing one of their watches, a watch made almost completely of wood.  I didn’t know if this is something I could wear on a day to day basis and thought it wouldn’t suit too much of my wardrobe.

ABOUT JORD- 
We are focused on creating timepieces that are modelled after a modern lifestyle. We value sustainability, efficiency, and experiential living. We make our watches for people who don't just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go.

When I received the watch my first impression was very excited as well as surprised at how much effort was put into packaging- the box was completely made out of Wood with the Jord logo etched into the box.

The watch I ordered was the - FIELDCREST Series-- Dark Sandalwood $120



After taking the watch out of the box I first took note on how light the watch was, and the texture to the wood was just amazing.  I then realised that maybe this watch would fit in with just about anything I wore as it was such a neutral watch face and band.

The first time I wore it out was for a yoga class I was taking and the amount of compliments and questions I received for the watch was just amazing and encouraged me to now wear it every single day I could.


My plans were to get this review up sooner but I had a few bumps in the road and really wanted to test the watch out. Lucky I did as well as I now have no watch due to a little accident.

I wore this everyday there after and let my sister wear it when we went to the waterfall, as she has wanted to invest in a wood watch for a very long time now. So the day went fantastically and when we jumped into the car she realised that she had lost the watch. I know she did slip on a rock that was near the water and fell to the ground; this is the only time she may have lost the watch. When I initially put the watch on I was impressed with the two-way latch that secured the watch to your wrist. Now I really could piece together how the watch could have possibly fell off- but it did!


Made in the U.S but they give free shipping to anywhere in the world, which makes the watch an absolute bargain after working out shipping costs to Australia- almost the other side of the world.