TRAVEL// Comfort Inn Julie Anna

I need to first apologise for taking this long to get a post up on an experience, or in this case a weekend away. I have taken a short video, which I will upload to my Youtube Channel. 
The reason for not making this post is I think I have become a little overwhelmed with work, blogging, the kids and having Madison home full time but that really isn’t an excuse. 


So anyway, lets rewind the clock back to just over two months ago and I was packing the families bags ready to leave for Bendigo. Hayley was away for the weekend so we only had little Madison with me for the night. 


 Choice Hotels Asia-Pac was kind enough to gift us a room at the lovely Comfort Inn Julie Anna in Bendigo. I can't stress this enough the photos online doesn’t do this place enough justice. Don’t get me wrong it isn’t a 5 star hotel but it definitely ticks the boxes and has all the amenities we needed and so much more. 

We were supplied with an itinerary but in true me style of course we either a) fell behind on times or switched a couple of activities up- none the less it was amazing. .

So by the time we arrived in Bendigo it was around 6pm or maybe a tad later.

Before I have my say this is a little ABOUT the Comfort Inn Julie Anna 
Recently renovated, the hotel has had a total makeover with 33 stylish rooms all with courtyard access and views of the outdoor pool.
Comfort Inn Julia Anna is a part of  Choice Hotels Asia-Pacwith all Standard Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Spa Rooms & Family rooms treated to a total makeover, making these rooms the premier rooms in Bendigo. The property has 33 stylish rooms all with court yard access and views of the outdoor pool.

Our rooms was rooms number 15 and the hotel layout reminded me a lot of a motel style with drive up doors. But on the inside I was surprised by what I saw.


When we walked in to the left was a door and that had two single beds and a flat screen-

And then you kept walking straight and it was the lounge/living area and the main bedroom as well as a sofa.

 At the foot of the bed if you turned left it was a bathroom with massive shower, toilet and a decent sized spa. Then if you walked out of there you would have seen sliding doors and out there was a courtyard open to all guests and a pool. 

So by the time we were all settled then it was totally dark so we decided to go and explore a little and find a good place to eat. This is where we found-  The Foundry Hotel Complex.

 It was a total fluke but one of the best ones we have found so far. We were at another pub but there wasn’t the greatest service and we weren’t sat at a meal friendly table so moved onto the next one, which was also showing the game. One of the deals with going away was being able to watch the game somewhere as it was an away game and we couldn’t travel this time. 
Then we were back to the Hotel to settle in for the night, this is where I took advantage of jumping into the spa.  I packed my LUSH goodies as I had a feeling I might be jumping into a tub. 

I wasn’t confident on putting little Madison into a room by herself so this is where the sofa couch came in handy and we set up a bed for her in the same room as us. As soon as her head hit that pillow she was fast asleep but did wake up at 3am to check where she was and a little confused. 

Morning had us heading into the reception and through to the small restaurant area where there was a European style breakfast.  I had a little something extra with ordering the Eggs benedict and bacon and eggs, but Madison was happy with her juice and breakfast. After the simple but beautiful breakfast we checked out of the Comfort Inn’s Julie-Anna’s Hotel.

We had complimentary passes to have some “fun with Clay” at the Bendigo Pottery place, which is one place my (now in heaven) grandma used to shop for most if not all her home wares. 


It was almost like stepping back in time once entering the building, everything was still all hand made and sculpted- it was fantastic to see they kept it handmade rather then machining things like a lot of other places are now doing.


The staff at the Bendigo Pottery place were kind enough to give us complementary entry to the museum here where there were all the old kilns and pottery pieces as well as what Bendigo Pottery made both back in the day and even do this day. 

We had a coffee and morning tea here before jumping back into the car and hitting the road to the next destination. 

I have always had my eyes on the Castlemaine Candy and have been curious on the flavour since high school. So I thought why we were out here why not take a slight detour to Castlemaine to pick some up in the town they are made. We went to the factory but it was closed. So it was time for some lunch. With thanks to google and the reviews we found Castlemaine The Railway Hotel. 

I looked at the menu on the front window and it really wants your typical hotel and had a different twist to the menu- not your parma and chips kind of place. 

But walking into the front door it was almost like taking a step back in time and just a really beautiful décor setting to it. 


We were put right in front of the fire, which was perfect to me as little Madison had become quite sick with the flu.

Dragging lunch out was my plan as I knew the next step was home and I really didn’t want to go just yet. But after lunch we were destined for home and to be honest at this point I was exhausted, full and hanging for my own bed.

All in all the weekend was great and I will be recommending a weekend like this one to anyone who listens.

The website is www.choicehotels.com.au for your reference.