THEATRE// The Sound of Music

Absolutely all weekend I have been either;
 a) singing or
b) humming the catchy songs from The Sound Of Music on Friday.

I cannot get it out of my head and have already gone on to purchase tickets for family to see the theatre show.


So I might be killed for saying this (totally sorry in advance) but I have never in my life watched The Sound Of Music movie… Yeah, I said it- I succcck! But over the weekend I can officially say I popped my movie cherry because I just loved the theatre show so much.


I didn’t think it would have been something I would have liked, but the stage work and set changes had me drawn and often on the edge of my seat.

ACTORS-
Captain von Trapp is the multi-talented CAMERON DADDO.
MARINA PRIOR in the role of the Baroness Schraeder
LORRAINE BAYLY as Frau Schmidt
 JACQUI DARK as Mother Abbess
AMY LEHPAMER (Once, Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Show and Rock of Ages).


Absolutely love Cameron Daddo and have seen quite a few of his shows, and his skills on the main stage are absolutely flawless. 
As for Amy, I have also seen in the Rocky Horror Show and also fell in love with her voice and how she completely sells you on the roll.



But for me the main stars of the show were the Von Trapp’s 7 kids, and I know the whole audience was with me on this. The moment they stepped out (or marched out) the crowd was awing away.



SET-
For me a stage show has to have a great arrangement of set changes that are classy and make me feel like I am being set into the scene. The Sound Of Music did this for me, and had me gob smacked at the attention to detail and large scale of the set pieces.

My favourite (also most uncomfortable scene) would have had to be the Nazi performance with leaders and guards lining and guarding the entire Regent Theatre. It honestly made me feel uncomfortable and like I was cheering for the Nazi’s which I think is exactly what they were aiming for.

MUSIC-
Rodgers and Hammerstein’s THE SOUND OF MUSIC touches the hearts of all ages and brims over with some of the most memorable songs ever performed on the musical stage including.  My Favorite Things, Do-Re-Mi, Climb Every Mountain, The Lonely Goatherd, Sixteen Going on Seventeen, and of course the glorious title song The Sound of Music (which happens to STILL be stuck in my head).




OVERALL-
I think this show is very much suited for any ages; I literally took a moment to look around and saw every single walk of life in Regent theatre from little kids to elderly couples.

Personally, I adored the show and would recommend it to anyone who is into musicals and theatre shows. I was instantly drawn to the edge of my seat from the get go and even some parts I wanted to be able to fast forward as I just wanted to know what was going to happen.

Now showing in Melbourne- check out their website for further information.